Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a new administrator user account that can access all files from the original administrator account?

How do I create a new administrator account that can access all of the files from the old administrator?

OS 10.10.4

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 6:56 PM

16 replies

Sep 6, 2017 5:45 AM in response to ateliercunha

If you login with the new user account all of your data will be in the old profile. Sort out the issue with the Wacom driver, then log back into your original account. Either way back up ALL your current stuff that you care about on a regular basis, either with Time Machine, manually, or some third party tool and there won't be a problem. You should always be in the position that you can afford to erase your system drive or install a new one and be able to get back to a working system with all of your data.

tt2

Sep 6, 2017 6:06 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you so much tt2.

The problem is that the Wacom Intuos driver simply does not work with my current Admin. User account.

I tried older and newest drives. Not working Several installations. Disk Utiliy repairs, etc.

Wacom support suggested a new User Admin. Account on my Mac (Mac Pro mid 2010/Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6).

I created another one Admin. Account; that I already erased, just to test and the Wacom works.

All I want now is to create a new deffinitive Admin. User Account with all my settings, prefs. hard disks, etc.

Everything ,-) and Safe.

I have a Time Machine working.

How shall I do?

Thanks.

Sep 6, 2017 12:26 PM in response to ateliercunha

Yes, you could potentially move things rather than copying them. But we're getting outside my area of expertise. Copying or moving documents and data is easy enough. However I don't know what the issues are with copying/moving preferences from one macOS profile to another might be. If those are all set up the way you want them in the original profile then why don't you go back to using that one once you've fixed this driver issue? Surely that will work system wide, or can be copied into the old profile.

tt2

How do I create a new administrator user account that can access all files from the original administrator account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.