Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Load College WiFi Login Popup

I'm staying temporarily at UGA and when I try to connect my Mac to their guest internet it normally shows a popup login page; however, on my laptop I get an error saying a problem has occured that the webpage cannot be displayed. I tried launching it on a browser and I got an error saying DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN (using Chrome) or that the webpage cannot be loaded (using other browsers). It works on my cellphone and my friend's computer, however not on my Mac. I am using a MacBook Air on OSX Version 10.9.5. Thanks for the help in advance!

OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 7:43 PM

3 replies

Jul 8, 2015 9:02 PM in response to Elhak

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Cannot Load College WiFi Login Popup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.