Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to connect mail services

So at the moment my Iphone 6 isnt letting me use my email on my phone and it is driving me up the wall. ive deleted the account in setting and tried to put it back on and it comes up with 'Unable to verify account information' everyday i use my emails and now that i cant check them its driving me up the walls please help

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:57 PM

IT seems from reading all the posts that they have upped the level of encryption required to send encrypted email which has spannered nearly all major services that we all use. I have tinkered with many different SMTP and turned off SSL and have had slight success but can't send attachments at all still. It has rendered both iPad and iPhone into over a grands worth of brick until they fix it. I won't hold my breath however.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 8:57 PM in response to chrisoakley

IT seems from reading all the posts that they have upped the level of encryption required to send encrypted email which has spannered nearly all major services that we all use. I have tinkered with many different SMTP and turned off SSL and have had slight success but can't send attachments at all still. It has rendered both iPad and iPhone into over a grands worth of brick until they fix it. I won't hold my breath however.

Jul 7, 2015 9:59 PM in response to chrisoakley

HI Chris

I use a mail.com account and have got this working by doing the following

1. Remove all accounts from your phone and restart

2. Re-add your account

3. Once verified go to the SMTP for that account and turn SSL off and set port to 25

4. Verify again

5. Click done

GO back to your mail and hopefully this will have worked for you as it has me. Will do as a work around until Apple sort their crap out !

unable to connect mail services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.