Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2.0.145 refuses to recognize any device (ex. classic iPod)

the last several updates and now the newest iTunes 12.2.0.245 WILL NOT recognize any device - specifically my iPod classic. it won't recognize my wife's nano, either.

DO NOT tell me it's a problem with the device - it isn't. I have run all the diagnostics on the classic and it is within proper operating parameters. the wire is fully operational as well.

I have gone so far as resetting the device (the classic), and now I cannot even connect to iTunes to restore all of my content. I REFUSE to attempt this with my wife's nano, because then I will be doubly in the dark.

APPLE or someone else - PLEASE help me with a solution. it is a problem with iTunes, not the devices!!!!!!

mac, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 6:48 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2015 4:27 PM in response to drosz22

looks like every one is having this problem, and APPLE seems to disregard ANY posts about it. they simply claim that the USB cord is bad, or your iPod is no longer working. poppycock! my cord and device are working great! all tests prove it! thanks, APPLE! I expect this problem with Windows, but not APPLE. looks like you are moving in nicely into the box in the alley that Windows sleeps in.

iTunes 12.2.0.145 refuses to recognize any device (ex. classic iPod)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.