Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't view streaming media on 1 site only, but I CAN view the same site on my PC using the same WiFi connection...how to fix?

Hi!

What do I need to adjust so I can resume watching the nest cam on my iPad Mini at http://www.eagles.org? I normally have this site on 24/7 & I'm able to watch it right now perfectly, (using the same Internet connection), on my PC; in fact, I was watching it fine on my iPad just this morning, then suddenly none of the 3 cams on the site load...I didn't do anything unusual to cause a problem, (that I know of, anyway!), & I'm watching it right now on my PC. When I try to watch it on my iPad...nothing.

All suggestions are gratefully appreciated, but if the solution is on the technical side, please use LOTS of details!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Nuts4Mutts 🙂

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 6:51 PM

6 replies

Jul 7, 2015 7:00 PM in response to K-9Pal

Which cams are you trying to access. I've gone to the site you mention on my iPad, and I find that the Romeo & Juliet cam is closed right now, at least according to the site. The Dollywood Eagle Nest cam does not display anything on my iPad either. Those are the only two links I find.

I just checked on my laptop, and it seems the Dollywood cam is run by Flash, which could explain why it is not visible in Safari on the iPad.

Jul 7, 2015 7:32 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris!

I'm trying to watch the Dollywood cams, which, until today, have always been problem-free on my iPad. This is the 1st time I've ever had a problem on the Dollywood site. (In case you find these awesome birds interesting, Romeo & Juliet are also part of AEF & are located in Florida. They've "gone on vacation" after raising 2 beautiful eaglets this season & will be back in the Fall...come back & check them out! The many birds who live at Dollywood are "disabled" & can't survive on their own. so they live out their lives & are cared for by the wonderful people of AEF. This is also the home where "Challenger:, the free-flying bald eagle lives...he's the one who flies during the National Anthem at stadiums, concerts, etc. The AEF saves the lives of countless birds & gives those who've been disabled a safe, gigantic, outdoor aviary, "Eagle Mountain", where they can find a mate & raise their young.

Sorry for going on & on, but as you can tell, I love this wonderful organization & what they do for our national symbol.🙂

I always use Safari on my iPad & view lots of sites that use Flash, but this is the first time I ever had issues.

Thanks for the response!

Nuts4Mutts

Jul 7, 2015 8:50 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks, Chris!

Although this is troubling, it's a bit of a relief to know that it's not just me who's having the same problem. I just updated my iPad the other day, but I'll see if I missed something somewhere. If this persists, I'll email AEF to see if they made any changes to their site.

Thanks again for your input...it's much appreciated!

Nuts4Mutts

P.S. Your dog is a cutie!

Jul 9, 2015 10:36 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris!

First...thanks for posting the beautiful picture of your furry friend...what a sweetie pie! I'm a big softie when it comes to animals, especially dogs, so please give her a hug from me, (my dog won't mind...he loves having dog friends, too!)

Anyway, I have some great news...I fixed the problem, & I thought I should post it in case this ever happens to anyone else.

As you know I wasn't able to view the eagle nest site that I have on my PC 24/7 & I also had it on my homepage on my iPad Mini 8.4 for quick access. Since it happened suddenly, I started to think if anything like this ever happened to me before. I remembered a few years back when a bookmark I had in Firefox, (on my PC), stopped working & I've also experienced "broken links" for other websites, so I decided to go to the other AEF site for the nest of Romeo & Juliet, (the site you looked at, too), because they have a link at the top of their main page for the Dollywood site. I clicked it & voila! I went to the site without a problem, so I deleted the link I had on my iPad's home page, went to the site by using the AEF site in Florida, made a new home page shortcut, (is it called an App when you do that or is it still called a shortcut?), well anyway, I now can view the Dollywood site perfectly.

I hope this helps someone else, because it was frustrating for me to miss a whole day without seeing those beautiful Eagles!

Thanks again for your help, & also for sharing the picture of your beautiful dog!

Best Regards,

K-9Pal 🙂

I can't view streaming media on 1 site only, but I CAN view the same site on my PC using the same WiFi connection...how to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.