Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppStore with Proxy

Knowing the background that Apple AppStore is not a proxy-aware application, I would like to solve it by exempting the URLs related to Apple AppStore from the corporate proxy server in order to access the AppStore without entering the proxy credential.

I have encountered a difficulty in the above workaround that the URLs of the Apple AppStore may be added / changed. I may need to monitor the URLs and add to the exemption list of proxy server.

Do you know whether Apple has a webpage / document talking about the URLs used for Apple AppStore? Thanks.

e.g. *.apple.com

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 7:14 PM

2 replies

Jul 16, 2015 11:30 PM in response to Mobile Blues

Thanks, but it seems to me that the URLs of AppStore vary depending on the country and it is still no way to get a precise predication to these URLs / domains....

"If you need a full specific URL for the proxy server, you're probably not going to be able get one that will work since the iTunes Store uses multiple URLs and URL formats depending on the country and where in the store the user is attempting to go."

If I would like to capture the URLs required for AppStore in my country periodically and dynamically using some auto script, does anyone could provide me some input about the methodology? Thanks all in advance.

AppStore with Proxy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.