Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is www.appleerrorsecurity.com a scam?

Hi, I was browsing through safari when safari crashed and this popped up User uploaded file

I tried calling the number but it was an invalid number. Then I tried visiting the site and saw this:

User uploaded file

So obviously I didn't access the site. But now I'm very confused - do i have a virus in my computer? Or was the pop-up a plot from the hackers to get me to visit their website, which THEN would plant a virus in my computer? Since I didn't go to the website does that mean there is no virus? Really confused, and thanks so much for your time and help!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:29 PM

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Then click: Remove All Website Data

Then quit and relaunch Safari.

It's not a virus, but it is a scam. If you see this in the future, do not call the number or visit the website.

Removing website data deletes any related cookies that may have been stored on the hard drive.

Never give a stranger your credit card information. Never allow a stranger access to your Mac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 8:29 PM in response to chrismenon

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Then click: Remove All Website Data

Then quit and relaunch Safari.

It's not a virus, but it is a scam. If you see this in the future, do not call the number or visit the website.

Removing website data deletes any related cookies that may have been stored on the hard drive.

Never give a stranger your credit card information. Never allow a stranger access to your Mac.

is www.appleerrorsecurity.com a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.