Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete SIM contacts

First, I am aware that iPhone does not store it's contacts on the SIM card. This is not the issue.

I am transferring my contacts from an Motorola Razr V3 to a refurbished iPhone 4 I got for work. I have too many contacts to fit on the SIM card, and the two devices will not talk via Bluetooth, so my option is to transfer them via the sim card.

The Razr has no way of deleting sim card contacts that have already been transferred. Does the iPhone?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:14 PM

No, it doesn't. The iPhone cannot read or write to the SIM. Sorry, it can read as far as reading the contacts to import them, but it cannot write or delete anything on the SIM. I would see if you can get ahold of Motorola's software that allows you to handle your contacts on the Razr. You should then be able to export them from that program to something you can use to sync to the iPhone. You might also want to check with your cellular carrier. Many of them have software and/or readers that allow them to assist in transferring contacts and other information from phones that cannot connect to each other.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 8:14 PM in response to Cybercoyote

No, it doesn't. The iPhone cannot read or write to the SIM. Sorry, it can read as far as reading the contacts to import them, but it cannot write or delete anything on the SIM. I would see if you can get ahold of Motorola's software that allows you to handle your contacts on the Razr. You should then be able to export them from that program to something you can use to sync to the iPhone. You might also want to check with your cellular carrier. Many of them have software and/or readers that allow them to assist in transferring contacts and other information from phones that cannot connect to each other.

How to delete SIM contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.