Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 1st gen,ios 8.4 update failure, stuck in recovery mode, device not recognized by itunes

I was updating the ios to 8.4 on my iPad Air 1st Gen today. I downloaded the update through itunes, but the install failed. my iPad is now stuck in recovery mode, and not recognized by itunes. I have tried the usual hard reset to factory install on the ipad and it just goes back to the recovery mode screen asking me to connect to itunes. So I connect it again and try to recover through itunes, but it still does not recognize my ipad. I shut everything down and tried again with the same result. I uninstalled all apple software and then rebooted my PC and installed Itunes again from the website. Rebooted again. Then tried to recover through the new installation of itunes. Yet I am still not recovered. I am still stuck in recovery mode with the device not recognized by itunes.

it makes a great paperweight but that is not what I bought it for. Please advise on a solution.

iPad Air, iOS 8.4, Windows 8.1 64 bit PC

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 10:14 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 11:01 PM in response to randallfromlazo

Here is the steps which you follow if your iPad doesn't start and stay in recovery mode you can follow these steps

• Turn off your device and leave it off.
  • Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  • Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  • When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.

You can also refer following thread

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iPad Air 1st gen,ios 8.4 update failure, stuck in recovery mode, device not recognized by itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.