Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto Issues

I updated to Yosemite and have a couple of issues. I will go through the responses I see others have gotten to solve one of the issues, thank you. My actual dilemma is that I have photos for our museum with descriptions, keywords, etc and now I don't have access to any of that. When I click the icon for iphoto I'm basically told that in doing so I will screw up my photos.....I'm sorry but Apple already did that for me and I don't want to do any further damage.

Yes, I have a photo backup and time machine but neither are of use if I can't get the descriptions and everything else to transfer to the "new" photos app. The ability to add all of that detail as well as edit and then print the information along with the photo was a fabulous feature; you truly had such a great thing with Iphoto so I don't understand why is it that when you've got something good you have to change it completely so as to make it useless. If it isn't broke why "fix" it.

Will the new photo app function the same as the iphoto app or....do I now have to buy a new app, how much will that cost.....and which one must I buy to function the same way?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:59 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 10:21 PM in response to aroseintime

iPhotos has been replaced with a new app called Photos. If it completed migrating your iPhoto Library, all your images are now also in Photos Library (Events are now Albums in a folder named iPhoto Events).

iPhoto and iPhoto Library remain on your drive and work as before, although you might need to update it. No images have been lost. Photos has some limitations regarding titles, and metadata editing. I would suggest to stay with iPhoto until it gains more functionality.

How to get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X10.10.3.

Prepared by Barney-15E: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8431

Get started with Photos for OS X

iMore has a very detailed, well illustrated article on iCloud Photo Library:

Iphoto Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.