Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Starting a month ago when I open Safari (6.1.6) on my mac Pro (OS 10.7.5) the window whooshs to the right and disappears. When I "Reset Safari" everything greys out and I have to force quit.

About a month ago when I opened Safari (6.1.6) on my Mac Pro (OS 10.7.5) the window whooshes to the right and disappears. When I "Reset Safari" everything in the menus greys out and I have to force quit to get out of the application. Did all the usual stuff (repaired disk perrmissions, zapped the pram, and SMC reset) without result.

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 9:28 PM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2015 9:53 PM in response to Hugh Master Of Technology

Thanks for the quick reply. After searching around a bit I found the source of the problem but not the reason why. For some reason having a second monitor (in my case a TV) hooked up to the Mac Pro with an HDMI cable causes this problem. When I disconnected the TV the problem went away. Some of my apps won't work in Yosemite so I can't go that route. I wish Apple had kept Safari separate from the OS as they had in the past so you could just update Safari and not everything else.

Starting a month ago when I open Safari (6.1.6) on my mac Pro (OS 10.7.5) the window whooshs to the right and disappears. When I "Reset Safari" everything greys out and I have to force quit.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.