Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I manually sync an ipod touch with itunes 12?

I am trying to reactivate my brother's ipod touch. He's in the hospital and cannot remember the passcode so after too many wrong attempts, his ipod locked itself and it says it is disabled and now has to be connected to itunes. I have plugged it into the 2 computers that are active on his itunes account, but neither one will detect it when I've hooked it in via a usb port.

I have used his email and reset his apple id so we've got access to itunes on the computers but he uses the ipod for a lot of things and really wants it reactivated. Is there a way to make the computer find his ipod so I can sync it with itunes?

The computer I'm using has the very newest itunes - I just updated it - but it never shows an icon for his ipod so I am completely lost. Any help will be greatly appreciated. His memory is coming back, but it seems to me that even if he does remember the passcode, he won't be able to get into the ipod without syncing it to itunes.

Thanks!

- Frustrated Older Sister

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 9:51 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 10:02 PM in response to btmcgee2

Since you do not indicate the computer OS you are using, here are the links for both for problems with recognizing an iOS device in iTunes.

Windows: iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

OS X: If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

With the device disabled, you may also need to take a look at this support document to deal with a disabled iOS device. Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

How do I manually sync an ipod touch with itunes 12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.