Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After iOS 8.4 update, a podcast turned into spam

Hi,

After the iOS 8.4 update to my iPad 2.0, I opened the Podcasts app, and one of my podcasts (only one) had had its name changed to "Buy Ventolin Without Prescription Cheapest Prices on Internet" and the title for each episode is the same, with the subtitle/info having words from presumable the body of the spam email interspersed between the original words e.g. one episode has "Listen to the very first episode of the Buy Ventolin Without Prescription, H.P.Lovecraft Literary Podcast In this episode Ventolin results, Where can i cheapest...."

I do not use iCloud or download podcasts directly onto my iPad, I sync to my computer through iTunes.

As well as the iOS 8.4 update I have also had both iTunes on my computer and Music on my iPad updated. (I refused Apple Music both times).

My computer still shows the original episodes (thank God), which it should, since they are saved on my computer, not streaming.

I have deleted the episodes on the iPad, but they still keep coming back and back, with this new spam title.

Could anyone please help with this? I am reluctant to plug my iPad into my computer to resync without knowing what is happening here, and whether it could spread to my computer.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 9:45 PM

Don't worry, I have found out it is the podcasters website that has been hacked, not my device. Which is sucky, but I think my computer and iPad are not corrupted.

1 reply

After iOS 8.4 update, a podcast turned into spam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.