Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with sharing and editing numbers files with others...

hi. i have some numbers files in iCloud on my macbook i like to share with a friend on his iPad. all software is updated. if i share the file via email and he try to open the link, it just show that the file is not available. so i tried to share it via airdrop. that works. he got the file, but when he is editing it, it won't be updated on my macbook. we already looked our both of our iCloud accounts and logged in again. but it doesn't work. hope you guys can understand what i mean ;-

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 9:36 PM

3 replies

Jul 8, 2015 9:21 AM in response to Ricoit

I think the way it works is this.

If you share a link via email, the recipient using a Mac or PC can open that in a reasonably modern browser and edit it in the browser via Numbers for iCloud beta. On your end you will see the changes the recipient makes via the browser. A recipient using a Mac can also download a copy (via the "Tools" menu) and edit it in Numbers. But you won't see changes made to that edited copy. The recipient will have to send you a link to that edited copy.

If you share a link via email, a recipient using an iPad cannot work on the document via the browser on the iPad but must download it and edit a copy. That copy is not synced with your original.

SG

problems with sharing and editing numbers files with others...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.