Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete Windows bootcamp partition

Hi everyone.

I once had a windows 7 bootcamp partition on my macbook and now I needed it back for several reasons, so I tried to restore the WinClone image i had of my old partition. However once I had create a new partition and was in the midst of putting over the image to the partition I cancelled it as I realized I needed more space on my partition, however now I can't delete the partition in Disk Utility, nor can I do anything to it. All of the buttons are greyed out and I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. Whenever I try to delete the partition the bar just appears, finishes, and disappears within a second, however the partition is still there. It also says it cannot find the partition whenever I tried to delete through other ways.

If somebody would please try and help me with my problem, I would be very grateful.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 3:23 AM

1 reply

Cannot delete Windows bootcamp partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.