Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet connection to lexmark T630

Bare with me as I am complete novice with Macs....but here goes....

I am trying to somply connect a Lexmark T630 to my Mac via Ethernet cable.

Lexmark has the Gateway 192.168.1.1 and IP address 192.168.1.100

My Mac address is 192.168.0.6 connected to NBN modem via wifi (if that is even relevant)

Running OS X Yosemite 10.10.4

I have tried to add the printer and given its ip address and it just cant see it. I can ping it....nothing....

Any clues where I am going wrong. Please note that I have tried to the Gateway 192.168.0.1 and ip address 192.168.0.100 also without success.

Booted and rebooted but who knows if I have done it in the right order. Happy to listen to some experts and follow step by step instructions

Thanks in advance

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 3:26 AM

9 replies

Jul 8, 2015 4:13 AM in response to SeaPapp

yes I have done the about thirteen thousand times...although the option to actually reset doesnt appear no matter how much it says it does in those instructions.

When I hold down that alt key and push + I have the option to add a printer (no contextual option that I can see - where do i look?)

When I hold alt and click - then I get to delete a printer.. Ihave deleted and added and deleted and added for no result

Jul 8, 2015 4:29 AM in response to leo2407

Follow these steps carefully and make sure that your Option key is working

Keyboard has one or more keys that do not respond.

Use the Keyboard Viewer to test whether the keyboard keys are responding correctly when they are pressed.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu, then choose Language & Text from the View menu (or International from the View menu in Mac OS X v10.5 or earlier).
  2. Select Input Sources.
  3. Select the Keyboard & Character Viewer checkbox.
  4. Enable the input source for the keyboard layout you are testing by selecting the checkbox next to it.
  5. Make sure that "Show Input menu in menu bar" is enabled.
    User uploaded file
  6. Choose Show Keyboard Viewer from the Input menu in the menu bar, as shown.
    User uploaded file
  7. The Keyboard Viewer shows the keyboard layout.
    User uploaded file
  8. Type the key on the keyboard that doesn’t respond and observe whether the corresponding key highlights on the Keyboard Viewer. If it does, that particular key is functioning correctly. In the sample shown above the shift and command keys are being pressed.
  9. If the mouse keys feature in the Universal Access System Preferences pane is enabled, many of the keyboard keys may not respond as expected.
  10. Try starting up into single user mode to determine whether a software issue is causing the issue.

If the option key is working correctly a pop up menu should open when you hold Option and click the minus, that's where the option to rset the printing system is. If you're still having difficulty try resetting the SMC Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support and PRAM How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Ethernet connection to lexmark T630

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.