Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Encoding caracter problem in messages

Hello,

I'm using iTunes U course manager in Safari on my Mac, speaking and writing in french.

When I publish a new message whose title contains an apostrophe, it displays wrong once saved and displayed in the course. iTunes U replaces the apostrophe character with ' . Seems to be an encoding problem...

User uploaded file

How can I avoid this problem ?

Worse : it seems that this problem prevents the message to appear in iTunes U on the iPad ! I refresh the course on the iPad (where I am connected as student) and I never see this message coming.

Even worse : the next messages do not want to display either... 😮 no more refresh seems to work !

Thank you for your help,

Gabriel

Using Safari 8.07 on my Mac, Yosemite 10.10.4 ; iPad with iOS 8.4, iTunes U 3.0

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 3:21 AM

2 replies

Jul 8, 2015 4:00 AM in response to gabrielito

[update]

The no-refresh problem does only happen on my iPad Air 2 (iOS 8.4, iTunes U 3.0).

On my iPad mini which runs iOS 9.0 beta, I can see all the new messages in the course and the apostrophe does display correctly in it.

So it might be two separate problems... (the apostrophe encoding and the no-refresh). Strange : on my iPad Air 2, I see notifications for the new messages from iTunes U, when I touch them, they bring me to the course but in it I only see the first message and it doesn't refresh and download the other ones.

I tried to force-quit the app, to restart completely the iPad, the problem remains the same

[/update]

Encoding caracter problem in messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.