Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Shortcut to Toggle Cellular Data

Hello,

Even after providing the feedback to apple I am still missing the shortcut to toggle the cellular data in my iPhone 6 iOS 8.4. Alas, Please add this feature it's a requirement.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 3:54 AM

27 replies

Aug 2, 2015 5:49 PM in response to thomascantor

thomascantor wrote:

Notwithstanding the tone/exaggeration of the original post, there's one for bluetooth, one for wi-fi, why not cell data? Matter of opinion, but given the other shortcuts, and if you use it often enough, two vs. three clicks is an appreciable difference.

Submit your feedback to Apple requesting such a feature here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Aug 2, 2015 5:58 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks, I did just that, and I appreciate the link from both you and the earlier responder. (The generalizations about how many people do/don't use a feature and esp. sarcasm re the requested shortcut I find unfriendly and unhelpful, but that's my personal response, and I understand where you may be coming from. The point about this being a discussion board, not a help line, is as usual well taken.)

Aug 2, 2015 8:14 PM in response to thomascantor

thomascantor wrote:

The generalizations about how many people do/don't use a feature and esp. sarcasm re the requested shortcut I find unfriendly and unhelpful, but that's my personal response, and I understand where you may be coming from. The point about this being a discussion board, not a help line, is as usual well taken.)

Actually, this isn't a "discussion board", it's a user-to-user tech support forum. Feature requests and discussion of Apple policies aren't allowed under the Terms of Use. The forum hosts weren't aware of your post or it would have been deleted.

Perhaps if you didn't characterize your request as a "requirement", it would't have received the responses it did. The other shortcuts in the Control Panels are also conveniences, not requirements.

Aug 3, 2015 8:41 AM in response to modular747

modular747 wrote:

Actually, this isn't a "discussion board", it's a user-to-user tech support forum. Feature requests and discussion of Apple policies aren't allowed under the Terms of Use. The forum hosts weren't aware of your post or it would have been deleted.

Perhaps if you didn't characterize your request as a "requirement", it would't have received the responses it did. The other shortcuts in the Control Panels are also conveniences, not requirements.

Not my original post, but thanks. I still appreciated finding that someone else was/is bothered by not having the specified shortcut, again regardless of tone or technicalities.

Missing Shortcut to Toggle Cellular Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.