Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

emails not sending

Hi

I am unable to send any emails form any of my email accounts, the following message comes up

This message could not be sent. It will remain in your Outbox until it can be sent.

This message could not be sent because your account does not have a preferred outgoing mail server. Select an outgoing mail server from the list below.

I am a complete novice when it comes to this, all of my emails were working fine at 11.00am this morning

Any ideas

Many Thanks

Mark

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 7:23 AM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2015 8:13 AM in response to marcfromwalsall

Try Mail/Preferences/Accounts /Account Information. Select an account, then go to Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP). From the drop down menu select Edit SMPT server list. Then set up a server for each mail account so that is associated with the e-mail address. Then go to each account and set that server as the Outgoing Mail Server (SMPT). You can click Use only this server if desired.

What does Mail/Window/Connection Doctor Show? If the server is red, select it and look at the Show Details box.

Troubleshooting sending and receiving email messages

Troubleshooting sending email messages

emails not sending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.