Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploaded music greyed out, status "Waiting"

I'm not sure why I'm bothering to post this since it's clear Apple doesn't watch these forums or even care about their paying customers, but maybe this will deter people from giving this company any more undeserved money.

Ever since "upgrading" to iTunes 12.2 and foolishly signing up for Apple Music I am noticing some songs I have uploaded in iTunes Match are now greyed out and showing as "Waiting". These are songs I uploaded years ago and have never had problems playing back. It's so far only affecting two songs of the 10k+ I've uploaded, but this has never happened before. What a joke of a service, it's at the point where I'm seriously considering paying extra and going through the effort just to set up my own cloud music storage so I'm not subject to the whims of clueless product managers and incompetent devs.

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 11:47 AM

2 replies

Jul 8, 2015 12:52 PM in response to trevor_

I'm encountering the same thing on a new Mac running 12.2 and even an older Mac running 10.8 which was working fine a week ago. Now, both are showing some music greyed out indicating non recognition by the cloud. While Apple music may of complicated things, it's only part of this issue. I actually haven't seen this ever. While its upsetting, I certain Apple is aware of it and I believe it relates to the increased server activity which actually may be related to all the new Apple Music subscriptions in addition to an increase of so many people testing the cloud using iTunes Match. I advise checking it every other day. Should the cloud begin working correctly and those songs of yours remain greyed out, I suggest deleting them from the cloud and from your library. Then remove it from the trash and putting it back in your library to reupload to the cloud. Sorry for your misfortunes. I hope it's fixed soon as well.

Uploaded music greyed out, status "Waiting"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.