Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove annotations on a jpeg?

I had failed to save some images before annotating them and want to have the clean version again. I had read about using the sidebar and annotations but my result is just a title of the doc in the sidebar when I do so. Here is a copy of the result. I want to get rid of the arrow and then save a copy of it and re insert the

arrow.

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 1:03 PM

7 replies

Jul 23, 2015 2:16 PM in response to Sliphorn

You are working with JPEG images, the post by TeenTitan was referring to PDF's.

It appears that Preview will apply the annotation to the 'actual pixels' in a JPEG. That means the image now contains those items within the data.

A PDF file supports the idea of layers, the annotations are added above the original content & are not 'rendered' into the image. JPEGs don't have layers so the changes have to be rendered into the content.

The file format causes the issue you are seeing - you should have made a PDF instead if you needed to remove the annotations.

If you have Time Machine you could recover the files from the backup. I'm afraid that 10.6.8 has no built in revisions so you are unable to undo the changes.

Looks like a job for Photoshop.

How can I remove annotations on a jpeg?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.