Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone IOS 8.4 Music sorting disaster?

After updating my iPhone 6 Plus to IOS 8.4 I have noticed that the sorting ability of iPhone's Music program has changed. When I attempt to sort My Music by Artist, any music downloaded AFTER the upgrade sorts by album WITHOUT any accompanying list of songs on that album. I am unable to simply sort by Artist and play all of the songs by that artist in my collection for any music downloaded after installing IOS 8.4. Music already in my collection at the time of upgrading to IOS 8.4 remains fully sortable. This situation is pretty **** frustrating, hope there is a fix out there.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 3:32 PM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 11:07 AM in response to Gershomite

I own a significant amount of compilation CD's. In iTunes, I set the Album Artist to "Various Artists", toggle the compilation check box and then use the Song Artist field to type in the name of the singer/group etc. In the latest Music App w/ iOS 8.4, when attempting to search by artist, or even scroll through all the particular songs of an artist, these tracks no longer appear listed. It appears that the Music app is only using the Album Artist field and not the Song Artist field any longer.

iPhone IOS 8.4 Music sorting disaster?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.