Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do convert .mov to .mp4 in quicktime player Version 10.3 (727.4)?

How do I convert .mov to .mp4 in quicktime player Version 10.3 (727.4)? Currently it is defaulting to .mov & I need to upload a video in the .mp4 format. I will not be able to convert through any other app or service. Please explain the steps in which to do so! Thank you!

QuickTime Player-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 8:21 PM

There really isn't any difference except the file extension.

Use the Finder to change it from .mov to .mp4.

4 replies

Jan 22, 2016 9:03 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I am using the film from an iPhone6 which is .MOV. My Adobe Elements programme needs MP4. The .MOV plays in the programme but is shaky. My camcorder film is MP4 and plays well.

I tried to follow your advice and put the films in the video section on the Mac but can't for the life of me work out how to do the conversion in Finder. Please can you elaborate on our answer. I would appreciate it.

many thanks

how do convert .mov to .mp4 in quicktime player Version 10.3 (727.4)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.