Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open iMovie HD Projects in Yosemite?

Can someone please help me? I can open iMovie HD on my new computer with Yosemite using the package contents workaround, but I can’t open any of the old project files I have saved on my external drive. I have months and even years of work poured into these projects and I really need to be able to open them, I have no idea what to do. Is there a way I can open my old project files?? They show up as a folder in finder now instead of a project file. If I try to drag the folder to iMovie HD it just gives me the popup again that says "You can’t use this version of the application “iMovie HD” with this version of OS X."

I'm seriously considering downgrading to an older OS if I can't find a way around this. I can't afford to just lose my project files and the editing I was working on. Can anyone help? I'm really desperate.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 9:05 PM

7 replies

Open iMovie HD Projects in Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.