Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I entered my child's birth date incorrectly when setting up an icloud account for him, how can I change it ?

I entered my child's birth date incorrectly when setting up an icloud account for him, how can I change it ?

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 2:08 AM

8 replies

Jul 9, 2015 2:19 AM in response to christopher144

Hi Christopher144!

If your child is under 13, that account must be part of a Family Sharing group for you to change the age. The parent of the group must approve any changes to your child's age.

Go to My Apple ID.

Click Manage your Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID.

Click Password and Security.

Scroll down and update your birth date.

Click Save.

PS. To change your birth date to any age below 13*, you must be a member of a Family Sharing group and your family organizer must approve the change. After updating your birth date, follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer. Your family organizer can sign in to My Apple ID to confirm the birth date change and agree to the Parent Privacy Disclosure agreement by entering the CVV of the credit card on file in their account .

Kind Regards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.