Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Published scaling parameter not working as expected

Hi All

I made a simple rectangle template in Motion that scales from 100% to 200% in X, in 4 seconds. I published the X scale parameter. After adding the template to a clip in fcpx, the rectangle scaling does not animate - it starts at 200% and remains that way for the duration of the template. However, in the template preview in fcpx, the rectangle animates correctly. Can anyone explain this behavior and what I can do to fix it? Any help appreciated!

TIA,

James

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 6:36 AM

It would be much easier to offer appropriate help if you could post this template somewhere, so we can have a look at it.

It seems to me that if you want it to scale in the way you describe, publishing the parameter is irrelevant (it will be relevant if you want to change that parameter inside FCP X). How did you achieve that scaling - keyframes? behaviors?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2015 6:36 AM in response to J Harvey

It would be much easier to offer appropriate help if you could post this template somewhere, so we can have a look at it.

It seems to me that if you want it to scale in the way you describe, publishing the parameter is irrelevant (it will be relevant if you want to change that parameter inside FCP X). How did you achieve that scaling - keyframes? behaviors?

Jul 12, 2015 2:57 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks Luis, but I am fairly new to Motion and it's taking me a while to get used to some aspects of it. I decided to take a different approach by adding a rig with a slider for scaling purposes and using appropriate keyframes to make it work the way I wanted.

I hope to learn a lot more as I continue to work with Motion. It is one powerful tool 🙂

Published scaling parameter not working as expected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.