Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Shuffle a Genre in Music iOS 8.4

THis happened in a previous iteration as well.

I browse to a genre & there's no shuffle option.

IN the previous version I was able to do a workaround by performing a search for the genre & then was presented with a shuffle option from the search result.

APple fixed it rather quickly.

I Can't believe they ommitted this again & now the search workaround doesn't work.

APple is too busy with their watch (and yes it's there's cause it certainly aint ours) & thinking about building cars & whatever else.

THey need to concentrate on core functionality (here I am taking time out of my workflow to bring to Eddie Cue's attention an item which should never have happened...)

P.S. Is it just me or does this forum capitalize the 1st 2 letters of everyones post automatically (jeeez?)

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:30 AM

Click "my music" then select "Genres" when they all show up, click only the album art picture for that particular genre. Just the picture .

3 replies

Aug 6, 2015 12:02 PM in response to tunawish

I think I just found the answer myself. First I followed the steps from Onyxxx6700. Let a song from your genre start playing. At the bottom of the screen you'll see the name of the song that is playing. Touch and drag the screen up and at the bottom left, you'll find the shuffle icon. Touch it and it will get a darker color which means it's activated. Then you can touch the down arrow at the upper left and you are back to your genre listing.

I do understand your frustration. Why must we relearn something each time it's updated when it worked more logically before.

Hope this works for you.

Unable to Shuffle a Genre in Music iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.