Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your iCloud Session has expired each time I start iTunes

Since updating to latest iTunes version 12.2.0.145 each time I start iTunes I am informed my iCloud session is expired and I have to re-login. This message comes even if I don't have access to the internet - which is rather annoying..

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), MBP 17" 16GB RAM 2 TB SSHD

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 8:53 AM

10 replies

Jul 13, 2015 7:15 AM in response to preske

I've the same problem here since Apple Music came out. In my case, the message only appears when I am not connected to the Internet, and appears every single time I launch iTunes while offline. Prior to this, many people who encountered the same problem (prior to Apple Music) including myself had been able to resolve the issue via clearing safari browsing data. However, that solution doesn't work this time, so it must be some other issues.

Sep 11, 2015 5:52 PM in response to YeredMtZ

I got a response on a similar question in another group and it has fixed my problem

ITunes iCloud session has expired

I was able to get around this issue by moving (not copying or deleting) the iTunes Library.itl file from the iTunes folder to a temporary location (desktop). I then opened iTunes without getting the iCloud dialog box. I closed iTunes and moved the old iTunes Library.itl file back into the iTunes folder, replacing the newly created iTunes Library.itl file. I think my iPhone backups were deleted but that was the only casualty.

Your iCloud Session has expired each time I start iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.