Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPad dies after a certain battery percentage?

I have a 32GB iPad 3 with iOS that were updated quite recently to iOS 8.4.

I had to admit that I haven't use my iPad for quite some time. So when I started to use it again this week, I encountered this problem. Earlier this week, I charged my iPad all to 100% in the morning and then disconnect the charger, then let it be until I look at it during the afternoon, and still seeing it at 100%, but then late in the evening, it was already dead. I thought to myself that I maybe imagining things.

So yesterday, when I connect my iPad to my PC to sync up my iTunes with my iPad, iTunes then update the iPad's iOS to 8.4. After a few hours, when my iPad is at 70%, it suddenly shuts down. When I restart it (holding down the sleep/on button), it shows the dead battery screen. I connect it to the charger and then it can be turned on normally, and I see that the battery is at 70%. When I disconnected the charger,and use the iPad, the problem reoccurred when the battery is at 67%. I recharged it to 100% and repeat the same thing, only for the iPad to die when the battery is at 67%.

I looked up on-line about this problem and tried some methods. I tried the holding sleep/on and home button together method but it didn't work. Then, I use reset all settings and still the problem occurs. Then, I chose to erase all content and settings but to no avail. Now I'm dumbfounded on what to do.

iPad 3-OTHER, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 10:18 AM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2015 1:24 PM in response to prateeks

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, none. I didn't get any solution at all. The problem still persist, but I haven't yet update to the latest ios 9 because I don't have enough internet quota. Maybe I'll be updating my ipad this Sunday when my internet quota is back. So, until then, I'm stuck with this problem..

Why does my iPad dies after a certain battery percentage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.