Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to print quarter size flyers

I am trying to make quarter size flyers and I can get my page to print in the top left 1/4 of the page leaving 3/4 blank. How do i make it so my page will have 4 of my flyers printed on one page?

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 7:10 AM

Hi Bear,

Think of Pages as a drawing app with a blank "canvas" where you can place objects (such as text boxes).

Pages has some layout tools that I find very handy.

Menu > Pages > Preferences > Rulers.

User uploaded file

Alignment guides will appear when you drag an object. The Guides help you see when you align with a page margin or another object. Then they will disappear when you release the mouse or trackpad. Alignment Guides do not print.

Have a play with "Place origin at centre of ruler" and "Display ruler units as percentage"

Other ways to align objects (when they are selected):

Format Panel > Arrange > Object Placement > Stay on Page

Format Panel > Arrange > Text Wrap > None

Format Panel > Arrange > Align (Left, Centre, etc.)

Menu > View > Show Rulers. Drag extra Alignment Guides from the horizontal and vertical rulers to show the page margins and the centres of the print area.

Some calculations needed from paper size and margins to do this.

Then Save as Template for future use. Again, these Alignment Guides do not print.

Here is an A4 page in Portrait (21 cm wide by 30 cm tall approximately) with a Text Box (object) Copied and Pasted to give 4 replicates. 50% zoom to make a smaller Screen Shot:

User uploaded file

Blue lines are Alignment Guides from the rulers.

Here is Print Preview (Menu > File > Print...)

User uploaded file

Page 1 of 1 😉.

Regards,

Ian.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2015 7:10 AM in response to bear1461

Hi Bear,

Think of Pages as a drawing app with a blank "canvas" where you can place objects (such as text boxes).

Pages has some layout tools that I find very handy.

Menu > Pages > Preferences > Rulers.

User uploaded file

Alignment guides will appear when you drag an object. The Guides help you see when you align with a page margin or another object. Then they will disappear when you release the mouse or trackpad. Alignment Guides do not print.

Have a play with "Place origin at centre of ruler" and "Display ruler units as percentage"

Other ways to align objects (when they are selected):

Format Panel > Arrange > Object Placement > Stay on Page

Format Panel > Arrange > Text Wrap > None

Format Panel > Arrange > Align (Left, Centre, etc.)

Menu > View > Show Rulers. Drag extra Alignment Guides from the horizontal and vertical rulers to show the page margins and the centres of the print area.

Some calculations needed from paper size and margins to do this.

Then Save as Template for future use. Again, these Alignment Guides do not print.

Here is an A4 page in Portrait (21 cm wide by 30 cm tall approximately) with a Text Box (object) Copied and Pasted to give 4 replicates. 50% zoom to make a smaller Screen Shot:

User uploaded file

Blue lines are Alignment Guides from the rulers.

Here is Print Preview (Menu > File > Print...)

User uploaded file

Page 1 of 1 😉.

Regards,

Ian.

Jul 9, 2015 11:37 AM in response to bear1461

Pages is not intended for page layouts with professional controls. You can however work around it's restrictions if you are willing to put up with it's limitations…

Select all your page content & duplicate it onto 3 more pages so you have 4 identical pages in your document.

In the Print dialog chose the layout options & select '4 pages per sheet'

That will lay out the 4 pages on the page - you have no control over the margins & gutters but it could be enough to get the job done.

It makes fixing typos a nightmare - you now have 4 places to correct them!

If you need more control you should consider exporting it from Pages & use a professional app like Adobe InDesign or QuarkXpress to do the layout instead.

How to print quarter size flyers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.