Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 stays in recovery mode, when in try to recover it loads halfway and gives me error53

IPhone 6 stays in recovery mode when I try to reboot/reinstall iTunes it only rebooted halfway and then it gives me error53

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 2:24 PM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2015 2:40 PM in response to Clemin3m

Greetings Clemin3m,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It appears that your iPhone is in recovery mode, but you see an "error 53" message when restoring the device. For help with error 53:

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Check for hardware issues

Errors: 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 53, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

Your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

If you still see the error message, check for outdated or modified software.

If you tried to reinstall iTunes but it didn't complete, see If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows.

Best Regards.

Nov 30, 2015 1:01 AM in response to Clemin3m

Hi

I just had this issue replacing a cracked screen, as soon as I changed it the system got stuck half way and came up with the error code ER53. I refitted the old screen and it worked perfectly again.

I think the issue is with the home button, it makes sense, if you have a phone which is finger print locked it would not offer much security if all you had to do was change the screen!

I think there is more to changing a screen than just removing 7 screws. Apple cannot assist as it will breach their intended security system so I can only assume that when you change the screen you need to swap over the home buttons as well? I will try it and post here if it works

iPhone 6 stays in recovery mode, when in try to recover it loads halfway and gives me error53

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.