Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad2 keeps rebooting after updating to iOS 8.4

After updating our iPad2 to iOS 8.4 over through Wi-Fi, our iPad2 keeps rebooting, or trying to load the 8.4 software update over and over. So I decided to backup the iPad2 and Restore the iPad2 to factory new settings with iOS 8.4 using the USB cord. However, even AFTER the Restore to the factory fresh setting with iOS 8.4, it still keeps rebooting or trying to load 8.4 update. Has anyone ever seen this problem, and what are the good solutions?

iPad 2, iOS 8.4, Just updated to iOS 8.4 from 8.3

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 1:39 PM

4 replies

Jul 11, 2015 2:53 PM in response to amandafromdiamond-bar

Hello there, amandafromdiamond-bar.

Great job so far with troubleshooting the issue you are having with your iPad. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps, using recovery mode, to try and resolve your issue:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use recovery mode

[...]

To put your device into recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your device and leave it off.
  2. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  3. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
    User uploaded file
  4. When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.

When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in recovery mode.

User uploaded file

Use iTunes to restore your device. Restoring in recovery mode will erase your device. If you previously synced with iTunes or iCloud, you might be able to restore from your backup.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Jul 15, 2015 7:22 AM in response to amandafromdiamond-bar

hi, if all efforts fail, i hv tested ok solution for you. my ipad 2 was at 7.0. one fine day, it suddenly shwoed up "connect to itunes" error. so i was forced to connect to itunes and it updated it to 8.3. i was facing same issue of continuous self reboot. i tried all heaven to **** ways but no use. finally i gave up n kept it aside. after 3-4 weeks, i thought of just give a try n hoila, it came to life. since then no issue!

Jul 22, 2015 4:19 PM in response to amandafromdiamond-bar

Hi Amandafromdiamond-bar, I am having exactly the same behavior with iPAD previous generation to iPad Air.

It started to reboot one a day, and now it is impossible to work, it reboots after 30 seconds and keep rebooting in a loop.

Unfortunately I am travelling, and far from my computer in order to restore it (even being worry by your relate that this didn't solve). But I must admit I am very frustrated with this Apple update, remembering me a lot the earlier days of PCs.

Aug 10, 2015 12:51 AM in response to pedro d

Hi, my mom's ipad 2 16gb also asked for iOS update. yesterday she came to me and we made the update.

Unfortunately after the update to iOS 8.4 it is now constantly rebooting at any time it likes.

I already made a reboot from iTunes 2 for the backup from 5th and 2nd august but the issue is not gone.

I also tried to delete all data and settings and then restore from the iCloud but issue is still there even after night.

When I open iCloud I see that update is over (usually I can see a notice like "iPad is currently restoring and will create backup automatically after restore is over")

So advised above is definitely not working on iPad 2 WiFi only edit.

please advise any new solution.

iPad2 keeps rebooting after updating to iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.