Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

29,000 song library, getting "Exceeded Limit" status after 8k songs uploaded

I signed up for iTunes Match a couple of days ago and let the program do its thing. Checked in on it yesterday and am seeing that only about 8,000 of my files have been Matched or uploaded, and the rest all have an iCloud status of "Exceeded Limit". I can confirm that only about 8,000 show up in my Match library. Why isn't iTunes letting me upload/Match the rest?

I'm running iTunes 12.2 on Windows 8.1 64-bit. Can anyone help?

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 4:06 PM

5 replies

Jul 9, 2015 7:26 PM in response to lineleader

I wish I had a quick solution for you but patience is the best I can do along with sharing my experience as an iTunes Match user since 2011. For 4 years, this service as been excellent for the most part, all up until 2 weeks ago. And you are an example supporting my claim that the release of Apple Music has brought forth a huge and sudden increase in iTunes Match users. Apple probably didn't realize this effect on their servers not to mention how Apple Music fits into it. It's as if few people were aware of iTunes Match and the release of Apple Music drew attention towards it. Makes sense seeing a only a huge music fan will pay $9.99/month. If so, the connect and other features are worth it. It appears many people are focused on storing and accessing music already purchased by whatever the means. And iTunes Match is perfect for that. I will continue to look into it and update accordingly. I hope this provides some relief given the aggregation your experiencing.

Jul 9, 2015 11:48 PM in response to lineleader

Hi,

There is a limit of 25,000 tracks for iTunes Match. Tracks purchased from iTunes Store do not count towards this limit. This is the reason for getting exceeded limit message but I am surprised that you were able to subscribe as you usually get a message before hand and you can't continue.

Read this tip Managing iTunes match with over 100k tracks

Jim

29,000 song library, getting "Exceeded Limit" status after 8k songs uploaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.