Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Keynote v5.3 compatible with Yosemite?

Please can anyone tell me whether Keynote v5.3 (i.e. the latest iWork '09 version) is compatible with Yosemite (Mac OS 10.10)?

I do not want to update to the newer iWork version, and so have held off updating to Yosemite until a few point releases have gone by. Now, at 10.10.4 I'm hoping that most of the major bugs have been ironed out.

However, compatibility with my many, many existing Keynote presentation files created in iWork '09 is critical for my work.

Please: Can I continue using Keynote v5.3 under Yosemite? Thanks for your help with this.

A.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 3:58 PM

8 replies

Jul 9, 2015 4:18 PM in response to Kappy

Thanks for the reply. But to be clear, I am not interested in "transferring old documents" to the 6.5.3 version of Keynote.

When iWork '13 (containing Keynote 6) was originally released, installing it left the iWork '09 folder on the user's hard drive. The user could then choose whether to use the older or newer version of Keynote. This was in the days of Mavericks.

I would just like to know whether the iWork '09 version still works under Yosemite, that's all. Thanks.

Jul 22, 2015 3:14 PM in response to DesignThinking

I just ran into what might be a fatal limitation of Keynote 09 in Yosemite. I can build slides all I want but when attached to my projector to practice a presentation, it will no longer show presentation notes on my computer with audience slides on screen. It does the reverse, which is of course a deal breaker of presenting. Are you having the same problem? Anyone have a fix? What am I missing?

Thanks!

Paige

Jul 22, 2015 4:57 PM in response to Gary Scotland

WHOOOO-HOOOOO!!!

Gary, I love you!!!

I can't believe it's that simple.

THANK YOU! 😁

And thank you for such a quick reply. You've saved me lots of stress and time.

Gary Scotland wrote:

It does the reverse,

If you mean the presenter notes are shown by the projector, just press X on the keyboard to swap screens over.

If you mean something different explain exactly what is happening.

Is Keynote v5.3 compatible with Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.