Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make all Apple Music songs available offline listening just one click

imagine I've a lot of songs in my music that is not yet offline listening mode. And then I decide to do it. How do I select all my songs and make it offline listening in Apple Music?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 7:42 PM

43 replies

Apr 3, 2017 3:26 PM in response to Weisiang96

The fastest way to do this is to create a smart playlist and choose "iCloud Status" from the first dropdown menu that says "Artist" by default. Select "is" from the second drop down menu. On the furthest right dropdown menu, select "Apple Music". This will add your entire iCloud library to a smart playlist that will automatically appear on your phone. Open the playlist on your phone and download from there.

Nov 16, 2017 4:10 PM in response to Weisiang96

I 'never' used iCloud for music, so why would I need it now. Besides I already synched all of my songs. The thing that I can't figure out is why it's only allowing me to listen to music on my iPhone using WiFi or a data plan. I have data, but I don't plan on wasting it too listen to music. If that is the only way to listen, I will be promptly returning my iPhone

Nov 16, 2017 4:15 PM in response to greenmind

You're tagging on the the end of a thread that's 2 years old, with the most recent post 7 months ago. It really isn't clear what your problem is. Are you using iCloud Music, or have you purchased iTunes content? If you have iTunes content that you purchased you can just download it to your phone, either by syncing your iTunes library on your computer, or by backing up to iCloud, the restoring your iCloud backup and syncing. Without more information it's kind of difficult to understand your problem.

Nov 16, 2017 4:41 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I figured it out. Synched the device. What I found to be confusing is the fact that I restored to device from a back up that had music in it. Everything else transferred over, my calendar, contacts, apps, but why didn't the music? This obviously was a problem, as there were 3 pages of comments. Yes this thread is two years old, but I just purchased the phone brand new for 500 plus dollars from a store. iPhone X (nine,) might be out now, but iPhone 7's are definitely not obsolete yet.

Nov 28, 2017 8:22 AM in response to Weisiang96

Hello all,

I was looking for an answer for this as well and best way that I could think of was to create a smart playlist on itunes and add all the songs with no stars (I never rate my songs) so it made it really easy, but in case you do rate your songs, then you just have to create a playlist for each rating and that is it, you have at the most 6 playlists to download and that is way better than 5000 songs, hope this helps.

Jul 16, 2015 12:17 AM in response to Weisiang96

I am not sure if this will work. Wonder if you create a playlist, call it (Everything). Drag all your music on your Mac/Windows computer into that playlist. Then click on the playlist and request to play offline on your iOS device? I think this is quick work around. Will take a while depending on your music library size.

Recently I have just fixed my iTunes Library after iCloud Music have altered my songs and albums data.

Jul 19, 2015 7:28 PM in response to markusthegamer

I had this same issue and just solved it. Plug your device into your home machine with WiFi enabled. Select your device from the list below the menu

User uploaded file

Check the sync music box, as I have above, then click the sync button at the bottom of the interface. This picked up almost everything from my library and installed it on the device, barring the few odd files that I need to reassociate with iTunes.

Aug 5, 2015 9:47 PM in response to Weisiang96

Go to my music... Go to playlists... Create new playlist... Title it and hit "add songs"... Choose "albums"... Hit the plus sign next to every album you have collected (it will only include songs yyou chose from the albums, not those you didn't want)... hit "done"... Then make playlist available offline

hopefully they'll come out with an update to make it more user friendly but for now this seems to be the easiest way

Aug 12, 2015 7:47 AM in response to Weisiang96

Honestly Apple - you really dropped the ball on this one.

I just got a replacement phone and now my ONLY option to transfer 5000 songs if I want iCloud Music Library is to download ONE BY ONE???

If there is another way, SPEAK UP!

Otherwise, fix it for F-sake or I'm going back to Spotify and Local Music only.

Steve would be rolling over in his grave watching your FAILED deployments of new software ..

Make all Apple Music songs available offline listening just one click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.