Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message not sending to one android number?

I am not able to message one of my contacts for no apparent reason. Is there a work around for this?

I have tried various forums etc and nobody seems to have a solution. I have tried everything on the other posts!

Cheers

Scott

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 1:37 AM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2015 10:44 AM in response to S_277_F

Hi scott. I am also called scott. You are the 5th person in the world who I know (not including anyone famous) to be called scott.

Anyway... A friend had trouble with this too, but it was her with the android (Galaxy s5) and me with the iphone. I could send her messages but she couldnt send me messages.

The number that she had for my phone, kept adding the area code (or some some numbers) on the front of my number.

I live in new zealand, so my number starts with 022, but later on it was changed (on her phone) to 64022. Try entering his raw number again.

So Can your contact send messages to you?

Also make sure that other people can receive your messages and other people can receive his.

If others can receive your messages, And others can receive his messages, and you have the right number in (double check), then I have 1 more theory.

Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked and make sure he inst blocked 😉

Message not sending to one android number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.