Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OBEX agent ALWAYS hangs and goes "not responding" no matter what I'm transferring.

OBEX agent always hangs in the middle of transferring something no matter how big or small the file is. I have to go to activity monitor to shut it down manually and it happens again. Just right now it happened 3 times in a row.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 3:04 AM

5 replies

Aug 11, 2015 5:11 PM in response to ChloeAmby

I also have this problem. OBexAgent often hangs when I am transferring files from my Nokia phone to the iMac by Bluetooth. It seems to hang more often if I have another bluetooth device trying to communicate with the iMac at the same time. It hangs less often if I turn off other bluetooth devices or even just don't use them while the file transfer is going.

Good thing is that it's easy to quit obexagent in Activity Monitor. Also, if it hangs, another instance of it will start if I try another transfer.

Cheers.

OBEX agent ALWAYS hangs and goes "not responding" no matter what I'm transferring.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.