Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieving an old album sent for printing through Iphoto

How do I recover an album that I sent to Iphoto for printing? I would like to print another. It was about 4 years ago and I was in Australia at the time!!

ICloud-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 3:12 AM

You have to restore the iPhoto Library that contains the book. The Print Products Store keeps the books only for a short time, a month or so.

Do you have an old back of your library from that time?

4 replies

Jul 10, 2015 9:48 AM in response to johnscott8

I know it's too late for the book you want to reprint now but for future books you might want to consider creating a separate library for each book. When done the library will be small enough burn to a CD or DVD or to save to an external HD for long term storage.

This tutorial may also help: iP12 - Archiving an iPhoto 9 (11) Book for Editing and/or Ordering at a Later Date

User uploaded file

Jul 13, 2015 1:46 AM in response to johnscott8

Yes I do thanks - will look at them and hope I can find the books still there!! It will be a nightmare to reconstruct them!!!

If you updated iPhoto since you created the books, the themes may have changed. Then try to restore the old iPhoto version as well, if it can run on your current system.

If you have to open the library with the book in a newer version of iPhoto duplicate the book project before you open it again for browsing.

This way you can experiment, which of the current themes will be closest to the ones you used.

Retrieving an old album sent for printing through Iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.