Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pink screen on start up and does not boot

My 27" iMac (2011) no longer boots.

When starting, the chime goes as usual. The screen is pink with a grey apple logo. After a few minutes the screen goes all grey. Then after 30-40 second more, the computer restarts and goes through this same process.

I have reset PRAM/NVRAM, SMC. I have also tried to boot in safe mode (which isn't successful). It also doesn't run disk utility or diagnostics. I have also ran through fsck which no luck.

Before I take it to the Apple Store (which is a 4 hour round trip) is there anything else I should be checking? I have an SSD hard drive I've been waiting to install which would be the solution if it were the hard drive. But I'm not sure what the issue is and don't want to start installing an SSD when the graphics card has gone kaput.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 5:58 AM

4 replies

Jul 10, 2015 6:10 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you for your link, Linc. Much appreciated. I bought this in 2012 so it's covered by this replacement program. I saw a link before posting on there that it was only covered 3 years past the purchase date, so this is great if it really is 4 years since the purchase date.

rkaufmann, everything has been tried. I've been a thorough as possible before posting on this forum. A useful link though because it explains it much better than other sites.

Thank you once again.

Pink screen on start up and does not boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.