Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music App ruined by updating to ios 8.4

Hopefully someone has found a solution to this because I absolutely can't stand the latest update to ios... it has completely ruined the Music App.

Features that now seem to be gone:

- Shuffle All Songs (I know how to do it, but it was a lot easier to just have a "Shuffle All" button)

- If shuffling songs, cannot access whatever album is playing to switch to that album. Only way to do this is to go as if you were starting from scratch to pick an album.

- Not sure how to describe this, but my car's Bluetooth used to auto-connect and start playing my music after I started my car. It would pause whatever song was playing when I turn off my car, and then pick up where it left off when I start my car again. Now, I have to go in and manually start my music again.

It seems that I can't roll back to ios 8.3, but I may try a few more options. The Music App is practically unusable now.

Is there an option that I'm missing? Can anyone offer any reasoning as to why this was done? Or can an Apple Support person please make sure to fix these issues in the next update?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 5:47 AM

11 replies

Jul 10, 2015 10:55 AM in response to dsl135

I can't find some of my music.

I don't have genre, album or artist info for some of my songs--but I can't see them listed under artists or albums. Is it so hard to just put these under "unknown" in the listings? Why do compilations have to have their own category? Why can't I just delete categories if I don't use them? Why if you have an album that is just listed under "Albums" and only that? Can't these be cross-reference in the other categories?

Why can't I repeat songs on my phone? I want to hit one button that says "repeat song" and then does.

Most of all--Books won't play audiobooks. Audiobooks don't show up in iTunes so that they can be played. WHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!

ANYONE HAVE A FIX FOR THE LAST ONE? I'm about to go on a trip AND I WOULD LIKE TO LISTEN TO SOME OF MY **** AUDIOBOOKS!!!

Aug 17, 2015 12:04 PM in response to dsl135

Way agreeing with this post. My initial frustrations were purely to do with the change in layout and addition of all the apple music crap in the interface that I don't care anything about. I shouldn't have to select that I want to search within my library rather than on apple music. That should be a separate app and the music player should be only and exactly that. Im also seconding the thing about having to have service. This past weekend I was in an area with limited reception and each time I launched the music app, my library nor anything else ever loaded, no buttons were responsive and I had to swipe close the app. I finally found that if I launched the music app with airplane mode on it would quickly load my library and nothing else. This is all way too complicated vs. the previous versions of the player. For what it's worth I don't want or use spotify or any other streaming music services. In searching for others with issues like mine and other folks here.... I did come across someone mentioning an app/player called ecoute. It's set up very similar to the previous version of the music app on the iPad. It's 99 cents and despite being skeptical, within 30 seconds of playing with it I dumped apple music into my apple bloatware folder with stocks etc and put ecoute in its place. Problem solved. I'm not holding my breath for them (apple) to fix this, so ecoute it is!

Aug 17, 2015 3:24 PM in response to dsl135

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one. I don't care about streaming, and I don't need my music player to advertise to me. I don't need my music player to require a cellular data plan, or a wifi connection. I need my music player to simply play, shuffle and repeat my music. PERIOD.

I find this whole disaster only more frustrating when my former music player suggests what else I might like... I'd like to shuffle my music. I'd like to skip to the next song without having to pull over and figure out where my **** music went. I might also like the ability to not have a bunch of irrelevant and insane suggestions advertised to me. And most importantly, I'd like to NOT have to get on the net to figure out how to use MY MUSIC PLAYER! Having first developed the worlds greatest music player, I'm utterly unable to comprehend the schizophrenic thinking that sees turning it into a complicated, pocket-sized, networked advertising device as desirable. Unfortunately I have to agree, the music app is unusable as a music app.

Music App ruined by updating to ios 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.