Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BEWARE of digital crown sticking

I ordered my Apple watch in April and it finally arrived 23rd June. I noticed the digital crown acting strange after about 7-10days use. The crown becomes unstuck after a little resistance each time I tried to use it. I read some stories on the net that said to run the watch under warm water while moving the digital crown to rectify the problem. I didn't do this incase water found its way into the insides of the watch.

Today the crown jammed the worst it's ever been, to my surprise a small "torn" rubber grommet/washer came out from the digital crown and now it runs free and easy.

I am happy for a replacement and have raised this concern with apple care and the only thing they can offer is for me to send the watch off for repair. Apple also refuse to refund a faulty product. I am surprised and disappointed with Apple's after sales support and more so they cut me off when trying to resolve this issue. Reluctantly I asked for a refund as I have paid a considerable amount of money for this model, waited almost two months for delivery and now it's falling apart and the only way to fix it is to send it away. I am told I am not eligible for a refund even though my watch is falling apart within the first month of using it.

if you notice your watch's crown sticking within 14 days of using it, send it back and get a new one before it's too late!

Watch Standard 42mm

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 10:35 AM

If anyone notices their Digital Crown sticking after 14 days they can send it in and get a replacement (it is doubtful they will repair yours, they will just send you a service replacement). And I got mine much earlier and haven't had this problem. Apple will provide a refund within the 14 day return period but you are beyond that. This would be the same with any company. They will honor your warranty. You have one seal that came out that doesn't constitute falling apart.

So use your warranty and get it fixed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2015 10:35 AM in response to curtis13uk

If anyone notices their Digital Crown sticking after 14 days they can send it in and get a replacement (it is doubtful they will repair yours, they will just send you a service replacement). And I got mine much earlier and haven't had this problem. Apple will provide a refund within the 14 day return period but you are beyond that. This would be the same with any company. They will honor your warranty. You have one seal that came out that doesn't constitute falling apart.

So use your warranty and get it fixed.

BEWARE of digital crown sticking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.