Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to create a dvd I can play on PC

I am a Newbie to Mac less than a week

also new to Final cut pro using latest trial version

Pro Mac ,OSX-Yosemite

Apple USB Super Drive

I want to create a DVD without any success

I save project to DVD and it fails

tried dvd-R, dvd+R

would appreciate any help ,suggestions

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), My Book Thunderbolt Duo 8TB

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 8:59 AM

Can you burn any file to a DVD?

What exactly happens when you try to burn a DVD? Eror message?

What optical drive are you using? Does the manufacturer say it will work with a Mac/Yosemite

4 replies

Jul 10, 2015 10:56 AM in response to anthonyfromhuntley

dear anthonyfromhuntley, first off, welcome, we are all here to help each other, and we all learn as we go

so...I don't know much about FCP, but I know this-certain brands of dvd's work better than others. Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden work fine...

and you are using the Apple Super drive, right. You have a mac Pro desktop 2013, right? so apparently the super drive works fine with that.

I've tried to cover brands of dvd and see if the dvd drive itself could be the problem-nope, so that's two things. I'd be inclined to consider what IIIaass

has to say. I'd see if you can save the file seperately, then burn it to dvd a bit later. You have to burn it as MPEG-2, I believe. The -R and +R don't matter that much. Also try burning at a slower speed, say 4x rather than 20x. from what I've read (which isn't much) the only thing limited is the length of time

and that's all. You've chosen share, then dvd... bear in mind that FCP when sharing stuff to dvd has to get that into a 4.8 gig container, maybe choose background rendering?? I don't know how much ram you have on board, maybe restart machine, then render file.

sorry I can't help you more

John B

Trying to create a dvd I can play on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.