Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Iphone 4S doesn't show the lightning icon but it charge very slow

my Iphone 4S charged when turned off but after turning on the lightning icon doesn't show but it charge very slow, I try to clean up the port and reset it many times still not fix, I try to connect it in my computer but doesn't connect, I use different connectors and wall adapter all original. what should I do?.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 9:25 AM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2015 10:19 AM in response to HunkFCJ

If you backup your iphone (essential) and then restore it and update to the latest version, and it's still not showing the icon, then we have determined that this is a hardware issue and not a software issue.

Do you have Apple Care?

Book an appointment via contacting apple support, you can do this on live chat as soon as they determine that your phone is acting up.

Do you still have your warranty?

Book an appointment via contacting apple support, you can do this on live chat as soon as they determine that your phone is acting up.

Don't have any of these?

I would still contact support. They can book an apointment but you will have to pay a fee for not having a warranty, and then a stupidly expensive repair cost

Are you sure the phone is charging slowly? 3 Hours using wall charging and 4 hours using a usb in a laptop/tv/something not in a plug. (Around 3-4 hours maybe 5 depending on the age of the phone)

Keep in mind the phone will 'fast charge' from 0% to 80%, then 'trickle charge' more slowly from 80% to 100%.

my Iphone 4S doesn't show the lightning icon but it charge very slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.