Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Off-site backup

Good afternoon,

I have been doing some research and just looking for other suggestions.

Currently I have our Macs (2 iMacs and MBP) backing up to an old Mac Mini running Lion Server. I have a 4TB USB drive attracted, 1 TB for TimeMachine and 3 TB for just general data storage. Might be getting a second USB drive for general storage giving the full 4 TB for TimeMachine. But for now this is working well for us, and I like knowing that our Macs are being backed up.

Now I am looking to take this to the next level. Our Macs and the TimeMachine backups are for the most part local, great for quick recovery and one computer disasters but we are not protected from a natural disaster, fire or lightning strike. I would like to have my OS X Server backup to a cloud service, such as Amazon S3 or glacier. This will give me local backup and recovery from a local failure and off-site backup.

I am looking for something that is automatic with little user interaction, much the way TimeMachine works. Any suggestions great appreciated.

Thank you,

Jason

Mac mini, OS X Server, 10.7.5

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 1:23 PM

1 reply

Off-site backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.