Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

I am running a 13" MacBook Pro (Retina late 2013) 2.8 GHz Intel i7, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory with Intel Iris 1536 MB Graphics running OSX Yosemite V 10.10.3. I am not running any anti-virus software since removing MacKeeper. While searching for something the other evening my mac came alive with an alarm stating that a virus had been detected and all system resources were being shut down. I looked in the disk manager and saw the following message when I tried to repair disk permissions: Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent” has been modified and will not be repaired. This is not good I'm assuming. How do I clean this up?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 1:39 PM

The repair permissions message is normal and not a problem; it can be safely ignored.

The one about the virus is a scam.

(130021)

3 replies

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.