Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano 7th gen not appearing in iTunes

I lost my iPod for a few weeks, and when I found it again and plugged it in it went into disc mode. It gave me the check mark and said ok to disconnect, but when I did it would say low battery plug in. I plugged it in for an hour and it showed that it was charged in disc mode but it would still show the low battery screen every time I unplugged it. Also whenever I tried to reset it it would give a recovery mode screen and tell me to plug it into iTunes, but would then go right back to disk mode. I then did some more research and found diagnostics mode, which I put my iPod into to see if I could find a way to restore it but there was no option. I went back in between diagnostic mode and disk mode multiple times but nothing changed, This entire time my iPod has not showed up once in iTunes throughout all the things I have tried.

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 2:24 PM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2015 2:12 PM in response to 1920sgangstercast

Greetings 1920sgangstercast,

So right now your main issue is that your iPod nano is not recognized by your computer, making it impossible to do any other corrective action, is that right?

I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in one of these articles, depending on the type of computer you have -

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well.

iPod nano 7th gen not appearing in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.