Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extreme slow and instable Apple Network after iOS8.3 upgrade

I have upgraded my machines (iPad, iPhone, MacBookPro) to the latest iOS recently. It appears now that my Apple Home Network (but actually any Wifi network) has become extremely slow and instable. I have heard that many people have the same problem. Have you heard whether there is a solution to that problem. Does Apple car about this and work on a fix? It appears that the only solution for now is a power off/power on.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 5:28 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2015 2:26 PM in response to DGfromMel

I use fairly old apple stuff and I always hang back doing upgrades and updates so the bleeding edge people get to discover all the bugs before I have to.

I am sure Apple is working hard to bring you a smooth experience which is usually accomplished by replacing every item you own every 3years.. so that Apple can make everything conform to the latest standards. If you update old devices to newest firmware the experience is not so smooth. Often it is downright ugly.

I suggest a full factory reset of the wireless router.. whichever one that is.

A completely new setup, using very short names with no spaces and pure alphanumerics.

Clear out all the old names from all of the idevices by doing a full reset of them.

Try as far as possible to make the network look new.. and remove all the old.

Extreme slow and instable Apple Network after iOS8.3 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.