Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail, Contacts, Calendars - can't add an account for my google calendar IOS 8.3

I have a new iphone 6. I just want to sync up my google calendar with iphone calendar. I go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Add Account -> Google. I put in my username, password, and the 2 step verification that they text to me. (at one point I turned off 2 step verification and it changed nothing) It appears to all go through correctly, no error messages. I start to see the next screen with the features that I can adjust for this, however they are all grayed out so I can't affect them in any way, and just as I see the option to "SAVE" appear in the upper right corner, the screen quickly (after a few seconds) pushes me back to the Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen and shows no new google account; just the Icloud. I have tried this many times all with the same result. I have also tried closing out all apps and shutting on the phone for a while, again no change. Finally I even tried resetting my settings, but again to no avail.

Am I doing something wrong? What am I missing here? How can I fix this? -> I have no problem with this same functionality to actually work on a 4 year old ipod.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 6:04 PM

If you're just looking to add the calendar (not email) you can do the following:

On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Add Account -> (which you've already done)

THEN go to:

Other -> Add CalDAV account -> and type in:

Server: google.com

User Name: your google sign in email

Password: your google password

Description: will autofill with "Google"

Then, in your Calendar app, click "Calendars" at the bottom and you should see your Google calendar(s) there. They should also show up when you go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and scroll down to "Default Calendar" and click it. I hope this helps! It drove me nuts, too!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2015 6:04 PM in response to Paethia

If you're just looking to add the calendar (not email) you can do the following:

On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Add Account -> (which you've already done)

THEN go to:

Other -> Add CalDAV account -> and type in:

Server: google.com

User Name: your google sign in email

Password: your google password

Description: will autofill with "Google"

Then, in your Calendar app, click "Calendars" at the bottom and you should see your Google calendar(s) there. They should also show up when you go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and scroll down to "Default Calendar" and click it. I hope this helps! It drove me nuts, too!

Mail, Contacts, Calendars - can't add an account for my google calendar IOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.