Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 music volume issue

Recently I updated my phone(iphone 6) to iOS 8.4 and the new (awful) music app has been having a problem.

I've already turn off "Show Apple Music", "Sound Check", "EQ" and "Volume Limit", basically reducing all the stupid, useless gimmicks that came with the update.

Here's my problem:

Whenever I select a song to listen to(local song, not from radio or Apple music) the volume always very low, it is still low even when I try to increase the volume to maximum. A fix I've found to this problem is by selecting a different part of the same song to play with such as backtrack the song for 1 second. However that only fix the volume of the current song I'm currently playing and not the next song or the previous.I'd like to know a permanent fix for this, I've tried wiping out my music library and copy it again but no luck.

Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 11, 2015 4:55 AM

6 replies

Jul 14, 2015 2:22 AM in response to borntocabal

I have the same issue, when using headphones or via USB in to many different cars and stereos volume is very low, if i get a notification, which is very loud and after the notication sound the music volume goes up to where it should be.... matching the level of the notification. The best way to fix the volume issue in the car is to go to maps and select a destination and as shes talks which is way louder than the music and volume matches the maps volume, if the some is changed, paused, or album or artist is changed the volume drops again. very annoying. please fix apple! i hate Samsung very much but you are just pushing me and other this way as over 3 updates the issue has still not been fixed.

iOS 8.4 music volume issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.