Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to share files with my dad's Mac using airdrop

All requirements are in place to use Airdrop on the Mac. Trying to get an iPad or iPhone 6+ to connect to his Mac. I took a screen shot of what I am seeing. There is no option to change who he shares with or to find older Macs. All devices have Bluetooth on and are working between phone and iPad. Not sure if the issue is with having a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse already connected through the Bluetooth??

Any help and suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 11, 2015 10:43 AM

4 replies

Jul 11, 2015 10:46 AM in response to Corsoc

Your signature says Mavericks. To use Airdrop between a Mac and an iOS device you need Yosemite. Also see the following from Mac Basics: AirDrop lets you send files from your Mac to nearby Macs and iOS devices - Apple Support

To see if your Mac works with AirDrop, make sure you’re in the Finder by clicking the desktop (the background area of your screen), or by clicking the Finder icon in the Dock. Then, check to see if AirDrop is listed as an option in the Go menu. If you don't see AirDrop listed, your Mac doesn't support this feature.

In order to transfer files between a Mac and and an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

• your iOS device needs to include a lightning connector
  • your iOS device needs iOS 7 or later installed
  • your Mac needs to be a 2012 or later model with OS X Yosemite installed
  • Your Mac and iOS device both need bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on. You do not have to be connected to a specific Wi-Fi network.

Trying to share files with my dad's Mac using airdrop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.